Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Intelligent Conversation

Is it to much to ask for to expect at the very least some semi-intelligent conversation with those who would choose to engage you in conversation? I hate to have to point this out, but there are far more things to talk about other than hot chicks, getting drunk, sports, getting drunk and vomiting, (my personal favorite) and a whole host of other useless and pointless items of no interest.

It is disturbing to me, and I may have ranted in this very blog previously on the subject, how very little the youth of America are supposedly learning in school. If they are in fact being taught anything, then the system is undoubtedly in disrepair, since these kids, many of whom are now soldiers, seem to retain nothing of their school years.

I challenge those of you who read this blog to do an experiment. Find the nearest American youth in the age range of 15 to 25 and ask them some simple basic questions. Cover some subjects like history, literature, politics, hell even current events and world news. I think you will be shocked and dismayed, as most of these same youth are in fact in possession of diplomas.

While I am on the subject of lack of intelligence, lack of common sense and lack of basic literacy, why does it seem to be so easy for those meeting that description to get promoted? Without intentionally sounding boastful, it is an endless source of irritation to have to work for people, and have them in positions of authority over me, who are in possession of little or no intelligence.

I can’t stand to have my various documents corrected by people who, while in possession of a college degree or two, are barely literate at all. Being “taught” how to prepare documents of various types and being given samples written by them that appear to have been drafted by 4 years olds. It’s disheartening to say the least.

Conversely, why am I always that guy who gets under everyone’s skin because I actually READ those things we call regulations? Wouldn’t you think that others would appreciate your knowledge and look to you for guidance, thusly shoring up their own weak areas? I need to complete my novel so I can retire and become a recluse, or otherwise have the capitol to open my own business…

In this way I can hire only quality people, and any mistakes and issues are my very own. I am so very tired of talking to myself so I have someone intelligent to talk to!

1 Comments:

Blogger HoneyBee said...

Is it any comfort at all to know that the issue you raise in paragraph #4 is a subject that a coworker and I have discussed more times than I can remember? Ain't just the military, my friend. It's rampant in the civilian world too.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home