Sunday, November 27, 2005

???

I have a question.

Does anyone actually read any of this stuff here? Quite honestly, I often find myself questioning the purpose if it goes unread. Sometimes I suppose I do write just for me. However sometimes I have things that I wish people would read, so they could share and render opinions.

Every now and then I feel like I have some important things to say. Some pearls to share with others. Maybe this thing is broken? Or perhaps I am an incorrigible boor? Am I perceived as far too arrogant to be worth reading? How does that bode for my current book project? (If I am hated before I’m published, that would be bad yes?)

In any event, the truth is on those rare occasions when I am actually able to sit down here and write I feel free. I can do anything. Create anything, any world, any technology, and any of an infinite number of characters and situations. Sometimes the words just pour from my mind like a broken pipe, and I find it difficult to stem the flow.

Often if I stop the process prior to its natural conclusion, I find myself unable to write effectively for weeks at a time. Sometimes the blockage even lasts months. (No this doesn’t explain my intermittent postings, this blog is far removed from my novel)
In any event I think it might be nice on occasion to know someone was reading.

Well, glad to have gotten that off my chest! (As if someone cared) In any event, I’m sure there will be more to follow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Quique said...

Being read... writting for your self... don't think so... all writters (where I include myself just for having a blog) have a tacit sense of proud. As a muscian or a painter would do. So, just keep on doing what you want, if you want reader go for them. Someone said: "nothing happens until someone does something". Go for it... good luck.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home