Friday, November 25, 2005

Blogless

Well, it’s been some time since I last posted here, and I’m guessing by now that my loyal fan base must be absolutely champing at the bit for my next bit of prose. (That is if I had any quantifiable fans to speak of, or was aware of.) Perhaps someday I’ll actually come up with something worth reading. Well, worth reading to someone else anyway.

In all actuality, I have been extremely busy and extremely depressed of late, and the holidays are not at all helpful in this regard. I’m quite sure that many can relate to that. My job has taken a decidedly stressful and lackluster turn for me, and combined with other events of my life, some of which you’ll find posted here, have taken me to a dark place.

The worst part is the not being able to see or speak to my children. I think often of what they may be doing at any given moment, and there is a sense of overwhelming happiness, followed immediately by crushing depression. My personal favorite. Not. I think it is fair and accurate to say that divorce law is the most unfair and unjust law there is. No offense to any of the women who may or may not be reading this, but it is also quite woman centric. This is disturbing on several levels.

My job here has become the doldrums, and I am unable to catch a breeze to push me out. The leadership has improved neither in intelligence or common sense, and the priorities of those who make decisions astound me. Since we have move to this installation in September my two shops have been without electrical power, so I am unable to use the machinery necessary to support customers and the mission.

Somehow it is more important to my leadership to do things like paint traffic lines in parking lots, (quite literally) or park vehicles on line dress right dress rather then getting involved with ensuring that the electrical connectivity is installed so I can work. The logic of this escapes me. I have more than 1 million dollars of Army equipment sitting useless in my maintenance shop, and it has been so since September.

Apparently my complaints, work order requests, and reports of inability to do my job have either fallen on deaf ears, or are perceived as complaining and whining. How ludicrous is that? I am responsible to support customers and keep soldiers gainfully employed. The tools I use to effect that charge are welding machines, metal working machines, and an assortment of other tools that are all powered by electricity in order to function. You’d think someone would have an interest in helping me be successful.

Well, once again it is my intention to attempt to post here more often and regularly, however the success of that is all based on this thing I like to call my life. Some times I just don’t have the heart for it, and sometimes I’m far too angry to. I try to leave meaningful and valuable things here so it isn’t just wasted time and words. It’s difficult to be far more intelligent than most of the people you work with and for.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home