Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Another day another blog

Having just posted what can only be called a small novel on human trafficking I have come to several conclusions. One of these conclusions is that it is quite possible that I have pissed many folks off and lost whatever audience I may have had with my last post, due to its nature.

Another of my conclusions is that I have received no feedback or replies because no one gives a shit at all about the things that are going on, and that the US Government is in fact supporting it, whether admittedly or not. Check the facts out on your own people. I am not making these things up, and I have two years worth of experience having to patrol these places as Courtesy Patrol and Command Presence Patrol.

Finally, I may conclude that indeed I do not have any fans and no one at all reads my blog, with the few comments I have received being anomalies. Flukes… Random events and visitors mistakenly trapped in my piece of the blogosphere.

On an unrelated note, it seems that I have once again gotten tipsy and driven someone away. Someone who thought I was overly negative, even though at the time I was trying to make light of my own shitty situation. I’m not really certain how to broach the issue. Perhaps that was just an off day of this person. Perhaps in my inebriated state I was far less funny, and far more negative than I perceived. In any event, I was almost certainly being me.

I find often that many people have a very difficult time with allowing me to be me. I find quite often that people who want to be close to me or be my friend attempt to put in overtime trying to change me or mold me to their idea of how and what I should be. This I will never understand. It is almost always completely counterproductive. I don’t see the reason for it.

I am very accepting and liberal when it comes to the beliefs and behavior of others, and I can’t see a reason why I would try to change anyone. If I changed someone, then they wouldn’t be who they are, they would be who I want them to be. This would not give me an accurate representation at all of an individual. All my likes and dislikes of someone I changed would be based on my Idea of them, and not who they really were.

Which brings me to the question of the day: Why am I a lesbian? Discuss that among yourselves. Marinate a bit. That will quite possibly be the topic of the next installment of blogstyles of the broke and infamous.

Ciao

3 Comments:

Blogger HoneyBee said...

You are a lesbian because that's who the Great Almighty wants you to be. LOL.
Seriously, being one of those people who tried to change you at one point in time (I apologize for this) let me explain what my motivation, or way of thinking, was... you admitted to being negative in this post. In my experience with you, I know that you can be very negative (and given what the last several years have been like for you, you have every right to be). Negativity is often equated with unhappiness. You are a good person with many wonderful traits and you deserve to be happy. As a person who cares about you, it is hard to think that you are unhappy. Therefore, in an effort to be a friend and show my caring I tried to get you to stop being so negative. Does this make any sense at all? It's sort of like when we were in highschool and you saw that I was miserable. You did anything you could to try to make it better. Similar thing here (given the negative = unhappy thing from earlier). I can't speak for others, only myself. As for the human trafficking post. I have no comment. It's sickening.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you felt that I was having a bad day..I was not..I was being me and telling you like it appeared..if that upset you then for that I am sorry, it was not my intention.
We all go through shit in life,but it is how we deal with it that counts, and how we use that to progress and learn, not waste energy on negative thoughts and rantings.
You are an intelligent, compassionate and somewhat irritating man, all of which I adore about you, and I would be the last person to try to change you in anyway, I just wanted you to see that sometimes how we convey our thoughts have effects far more reaching that just how we feel about them personally.
I am saddened that I have not heard from you, but will continue to read your blog daily!
On the trafficking note, as someone who worked in Sarajevo immediately after the war, I can concurr that this indeed a far greater problem that the world will acknowledge, with it not just being women, but young men also for the homosexual market, as well as children of all ages and races.
Many reports are available from whistleblowers in the UN that address the issues of Nato forces, UN, contractors etc who openly aid and abett this disgusting trade in human misery...my suggestion is to read this and then do what you can to highlight any occurance.
Your as always!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Afrikan Indian said...

Hey man, you'r a cool dude. However much of a dick you want to be, and you can be a real dick at times, that can never overshadow the real, true you. I some people cannot see it, then fuckem; they should get glasses. I myself have the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of character traits. But the point is this- we meet in the middle as men. And when I say men I mean true human beings. None of us is perfect. But we do need to stop being bitches and deal with shit as it is. Thanx for being you, cause you're truly a cool dude. Out.

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home