Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Racism?

After having read the comments from several people including my favorite but apparently overly sensitive Kenyan fan, I scoured my entire blog, reading and re-reading it, in an effort to find and remove the offending racist items. I found none. I find no example or evidence of racism in any form,from posted comments OR the main body of my blog. I have determined this is a typical liberal and leftist response when confronted with what I like to call "Facts"

The entertaining thing is; he commented to an entirely unrelated post in which I was apologizing to some friends whom I feared I may have offended in word or deed, having nothing to do with politics whatsoever. It turns out that none of the friends for whom the post was intended were in any way offended, however it became apparent that my Kenyan friend was both threatened and offended.

All I can say in response to that is this: I am not a politically correct person, I believe political correctness causes more harm and ambiguity than good, and that belief has proven itself out in more than 12 years of military service. That being said, while it is regrettable that I have offended or hurt someone's feelings with any of my words, I am not sorry, nor will I stop posting facts.

The beauty of using factual information when making a point or argument is that it can be verified through researching sources in places other than my blog, and therefore making them impossible to dispute. Having said that, I fail to see or understand what travel warnings to Kenya or Nairobi issued by the US State Department have to do with his inability or difficulty to find employment within his own country.

It is neither the fault nor the responsibility of the United States Government that there are serious corruption problems within the government there, however it is a fact. It is also a fact that the United States keeps the United Nations afloat, and in fact provides 22 percent of the operating budget for the UN. No other country does that.

I will close by saying this: You are indeed entitled to your views and opinions, and may post where you choose. However, it is offensive, and you demonstrate your ignorance when you make statements about a system in which you do not participate, and when you begin your blog by listing the names of all the fallen United States Armed Service members using them to make some sort of political statement about your dissatisfaction with the US Elections.

This offensiveness is compounded when it is discovered that you aren't even a citizen of the United States, and therefore not entitled to vote or render an opinion about what may be best for America or Americans, and most certainly not when you begin by listing the names of our dead.

In the mean time, perhaps you can focus your energies on removing the corruption within your own country and government. Perhaps you can petition the UN and they will help you. Whatever you choose to do know this, if your country and its liberty is threatened in the same manner as that of the Iraqis, or any of the countries you mentioned as the US having invaded, US soldiers will willingly deploy, and die if necessary to protect and assist Kenyans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home