Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The adventure soon ended.

It's a beautiful crisp Sunday morning in October, and here I sit in a Starbucks coffee in Itaewon, Seoul Korea.  I  came to grab some coffee, and some Internet time, however their "free" wireless is now linked to some pay service. I went to the counter to ask how to access or if I could pay there, and they keep insisting it is completely free. Events however would indicate otherwise.

I attempt to connect to the network and Starbucks / Korea Telecom web site pops up and requires a log in or sign up for a 3,300 Won Hour pass. When I follow the instructions to facilitate this hour pass, it invariably fails. The Barista's are completely clueless, and continue to insist it is free I just need a notebook PC.

So here I sit, with my notebook on the table, wireless working away, connected flawlessly to the KT / Starbucks web page requesting that I pay. Nuts.  I will have to wait and post this blog update once I get somewhere that the Internet connectivity is functional.

My time here is drawing to a close. I am scheduled to depart Korea on the 16th of November. My next destination, MacDill AFB, in Tampa, Florida. A beach assignment... Imagine that.

Imagine the possibilities!

I have developed several new interests of late, one of which is the Harley Davidson that is going to be delivered to me in the United States. Could not have possibly received a better assignment for riding weather, year round! Should be a hoot.

I have determined that I will miss Korea a great deal. While the unit and operational environment, as well as quality of leadership I have had while assigned here has been less than stellar; the people, and this country have been a fantastic experience.

Hopefully I will now arrive to a place where I  can focus more on writing and accomplishing some of those things I had wanted to get done before retirement. Thankfully, I am getting assigned somewhere not to distant from my children and my family.

Stay tuned hopefully in the coming days and weeks I will have a great deal more to share!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home